Looking for a meaningful way to make your mark on food justice?
To apply, please email a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the position name in the subject line.
Fresh Food Box Distribution Volunteers Needed
Fresh Food Box Volunteer
Teens for Food Justice (TFFJ) is seeking responsible volunteers who are interested in assisting during biweekly free community food distributions. We are looking for those capable of working with a small team to receive bulk food deliveries, repack foods into individual bags, move materials from the packing location to the distribution location, facilitate the distribution to community members, and assist with setup/cleanup of the market stand.
Location: Lincoln Square Neighborhood Center (250 W 65th Street, New York, NY 10023)
Dates: 10/8/2020, 10/22/2020, 11/12/2020, 11/25/2020, 12/10/2020, 12/23/2020, 1/14/2021, 1/28/2021, 2/11/2021, 2/25/2021
Schedule: 8am – 4pm
Hours: 8 hours/distribution for x10 distributions
- Set up market folding tables and pop-up tent canopies for food box distribution.
- Move cases of food using hand trucks from curbside into the designated indoor packing area.
- Repack food items into individual food bags.
- Move packed food bags from the packing area to the outdoor distribution area.
- Assist as needed with the distribution of food bags from an outdoor table.
- Clean up the packing area and market stand following the distributions.
- Observe food safety and social distancing protocols.
- Utilize provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times while on-site.
- Ability to follow directions and provide directions to others.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.